LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thanksgiving Care Package

I can't believe it is already Thanksgiving.

My 2013 New Years Resolution was to try and write 1 blog post per week, at the time I thought how hard could that be?
Biggest fail ever, here is my first post for the year.

It has been a busy year, and I definitely have lots to be thankful for; my family, great friends, good health, and many things I still hope to blog about (but with my track record I would not hold your breath)

I am especialy thankful for my son, Josh who is serving an LDS mission. As a parent it is rewarding to see your children grow up and go out into the world and do wonderful things, but you sure miss them, especially around the holidays. This will be the first Thanksgiving when we have not all been together as a family. Hopefully he is not feeling too home-sick. To let him know we are thinking about him sending him we sent him a Thanksgiving dinner in a box with a few substitutions.

Traditional Dinner
Care package Substitution
Turkey
Turkey Jerky
Mashed potatoes
Potato chips
Corn
Corn nuts
Pumpkin pie
Pumpkin spice chocolate orange, chocolate pies
We also included some other good treats; chocolate peanut-butter poptarts, Werthers caramels, caramel corn, summer sausage.
I think he is going to like this better than a traditional Thanksgiving dinner.



0 comments:

Post a Comment