LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Proud mamma of an Eagle Scout!


This past Sunday we finally held Jordan's Eagle Court of Honor.  He had earned his Eagle award a couple of months ago, but as usual time slipped by with summer activities, Girls camp, Scout camp, vacations, work, life, etc. You know how it is!

I think the hardest part was setting a date, once that was done I was able to get to work on preparing for the event ......well, more like work really hard the couple of days prior, I do best under pressure :)

I had a great trip down memory lane going through old photos to create a slide show for the event. 

Where did all the time go?  It does not seem that it was that long ago that I was one of his den leaders in Cub Scouts. Yes he looks all sweet and innocent, but I remember him being quite a terror whenever it was my turn to be in charge of the pack meetings activity. 
I had so much fun with the food and was also able to complete some "pinspired" projects.
Gotta love it when you put those inspirations into action.
 Campfire cake
My version: Cake from Costco, Pirouline wafer sticks from Dollar Tree for logs,
Fruit roll-ups for flames (plastic knife sandwiched between 2 fruit roll-ups and cut in flame shape)
(inspiration found via sixinthesuburbsblog, originally posted by Anam Cara)



Water bottle label wrappers inspired by Need to Create - Recipes
  On Pinterest I saw lots of beautifully decorated cupcakes iced in the form of merit badges, which was way out of my league, as well as would take waaaaay more time than I had. 
My solution - I photocopied Jordan's merit badge sash, and cut out the merit badges. Glued 2 merit badges together, sandwiching a tooth-pick in the middle.  I thought it was a fun way to display the merit badges he had earned. 

I am so proud of his great accomplishment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment